First terrible restaurant experience


At around 10 am yesterday morning, there was an elderly woman that walked in our restaurant to return a cupcake that she bought for her husband the day before. Apparently, there was a piece of plastic in his cupcake. My mom was so surprised when she showed her his plate! He managed to spit it out onto his plate before he would end up swallowing it. If that had happened, we would end up with a serious lawsuit on our hands. I was standing right at the register when my mom explained to her how sorry she was. She found that the plastic container that the icing was in had a scratch in it, and it managed to break off of it. These containers are brand new too. She’s only used it for a couple of weeks. She plans to throw any plastic containers with scrathes in it before this problem becomes another problem. She is worried that another customer who bought the same flavor cupcake may have a scratch in it too. I sure hope not. We have insurance luckily, but we don’t need any bad experiences like that to happen again. She told the manager of one of the restaurants next door about that encounter, and he said that we should switch to another material. I can’t remember what that material that he said was, but he assures that it is a better choice than using plastic, which falls apart in UV light.

I was listening to the radio this morning and I heard about a celebrity that swallowed a piece of chewed bubble gum in her salad. She passed out, but she’s okay now. That’s kind of different than getting plastic in somebody’s food, but that’s something anybody should be able to spot. We all learn lessons in time, especially when there’s big problems in the kitchen.

Advertisements

About jhirzel88

I am majoring in college to be a computer programmer. My favorite food is Buffalo wings. My hobbies include bike riding, listening to the radio, and watching YouTube videos. I used to play piano and guitar. I got my first internet working computer (which is this laptop right here), in Novemeber, 2008. I hope to achieve the use of this blog in the best possible way I can. By the way, my favorite animal is the Amazon Parrot and I really want to get one in a few years down the road. Edit: I decided that I'm definitely getting a Raven as a pet, that is, after I finish college.
This entry was posted in Health and wellness. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to First terrible restaurant experience

  1. rumpydog says:

    Some people are just looking for a lawsuit but the vast majority of us are like that lady and will bring back the item, complain, and hope you apologize and replace. Sadly many businesses do not do that (you’d be surprised). Kudos to you and your mom for doing the right thing. You’re right, it’s not easy, but it is the responsible thing to do.

  2. eof737 says:

    Wow! That is scary but I’m glad the lady came back to your mom instead of going to you know who… It must be difficult running a food place because you never know with allergies, accidents and then scammers… But it is a great business… 🙂 TY for stopping by my blog today. 🙂
    Elizabeth

  3. My friend one time was eating a bun and there was a finger nail in it. One was eating noodles, and there was hair. Things like this happened. I’m glad the customer was fine. We all learn from our past experiences. I wish you and your mom a successful business. Looks like you found a few friends. I’m happy for you. God bless you/ your family!

    • jhirzel88 says:

      That is so strange on your part. I wouldn’t be surprised if you got a piece of hair next time you went out to eat. I’m sure you wouldn’t make a big deal about that. I’m sure the customer will come back. His wife said that he enjoyed the cupcake. Lots of people have heard of us because she’s got a website and a Facebook also. Lots of people are spreading the word about our restaurant and we hope to have lots of prospective customers in the future.

      Yes, and I subscribed to eof737, which is the person that gave you that blogging award by the way. I am glad I getting more comments from other people. It certainly makes me feel better knowing that others are reading my blogs.

  4. wordsfallfrommyeyes says:

    Chewed bubble gum in salad? How FOUL. I take it you own a shop. Your mum did really well, by the sounds. I imagine it’s a beaut shop.

    • jhirzel88 says:

      Yes, I don’t remember where it happened, certainly not around here. It’s so strange that someone wouldn’t see a piece of chewing gum in salad, that’s why I figured I’d bring that up. No, I don’t own the shop, my mom does. Hopefully I will mention the name of the shop to everyone at some point, I just don’t think I should right now. We may end up getting very successful and starting our own chain if we get really popular. My mom has a Facebook site for it and she has always has lots of customers raving about her shop.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s